The Players nightclub and restaurant was opened on Sunset Boulevard (across from the Garden of Allah) in the 1940s by director Preston Sturges. The Players was built with rooms on three levels, including a dinner theater known as the Playroom.
Naturally, this Hollywood hot spot was frequented by many film celebrities, including Humphrey Bogart, Barbara Stanwyck, and William Wyler. The Players closed in 1953.
PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ
Performed by the JAN GARBER ORCHESTRA